December 5, 2018
Seventy nine percent of Americans shop online because they want to save money, and not just because they want to avoid the hassle of going in person. Sixty five percent of online shoppers compare prices in brick and mortar stores against those of online stores, according to TechCrunch. With the holidays coming up and consumers turning to e-commerce sites, it is important to be prepared.
November and December sales bring in up to 40 percent of yearly revenue for some retailers, and U.S shoppers will spend approximately $119.99 billion online during these months. According to Digital Commerce 360, online stores can expect to have a 15.5 percent increase in revenue compared to last year.
That being said, what can you do to optimize your sales during this holiday season?
The most important factor is to focus on your Omnichannel strategy. This creates an effortless process for your clients, by providing them with high-quality consumer experiences that happen within and between contact channels. It will help guarantee an increase in revenue and provide a great experience across your brand, making brick and mortar and e-commerce merge into one.
Steps to prepare:
- Identify consumer needs. The best tools are big data analysis and Artificial Intelligence platforms. A machine learning algorithm can be programmed to look for patterns and analyze data that will help you plan your actions.
- Create an advertising strategy and a promotional calendar. Understand your target audience, determine where they are looking, and decide the right communication channels and approaches. Identify needs and create special events and sales. For example, Dec. 14: free shipping day.
- Optimize for mobile sales. Avoid pop up windows and unnecessary text. The webpage needs to be fast and responsive. Improve site design, build trust, and make sure to test changes frequently.
- Follow up after checkout. Create automatic check-up emails to build brand loyalty. Verify shipping, delivery, satisfaction, and suggest related products.
- Turn holiday sales into lifetime loyalty by analyzing ongoing data and behavior predictions, and acting based on acquired knowledge.
The holiday season is a huge opportunity for your brand. Make the most of it by creating a seamless experience based on data and predictions and reaching your audience in the right place, at the right time.